- Insert and remove appliances VERY CAREFULLY.
- Wear appliances at home and while sleeping for 12 hours a day. Further instructions will be given if necessary.
- Remove appliances whenever eating.
- After brushing your teeth, ALSO BRUSH the appliance in this manner:
- Hold the appliance in the palm of your hand.
- Use room temperature water, and dish soap while carefully brushing inside and outside of the appliance.
- Place the appliances in a protective case with your name, address, and phone number when not wearing them. Keep the case clean as well.
- Don’t put them in a napkin or tissue paper. Someone may throw it away.
- Don’t put them in your pocket.
- Don’t leave them lying around outside of the case. Dogs like to chew them.
- Don’t flip or play with them in your mouth.
- Never eat with them in your mouth.
- Don’t expose them to direct heat; it can melt.
- Don’t wear them while participating in any rough indoor/outdoor activities or while swimming.
WEAR YOUR RETAINER FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR TEETH STRAIGHT. PREFERABLY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!
If your appliance is lost or broken the fees are as follows:
*New retainers can cost up to $600, depending on which retainers you chose
**Retainer repairs start at $85